Drew Hartleoo homered and Brody Masterson had had run-scoring double during a pivotal fourth-inning rally as the Ridgefield baseball team beat Mark Morris 6-4 on Friday in Longview.
After Reed Fry’s RBI single helped Ridgefield take a 3-1 lead in the second inning, the Monarch rallied to tie the game 3-3 after three.
Masterson’s RBI double gave Ridgefield a 5-3 lead in the top of the fourth. Then Harteloo’s home run added some insurance in the sixth as the Spudders (8-5 in league) pulled closer to the first-place Monarchs in the 2A Greater St. Helens League.
Patrick Bartroff didn’t allow an earned run in three innings of relief and went 2 for 4. Deven Savella picked up the save with two scoreless innings of work.
Kellen Desbiens was 3 for 4 with a run and an RBI for the Monarchs (9-2 in league).
Stars of the day
- Braeden Bellus, Hockinson baseball, went 3 for 5 with four RBI, including one in a two-run eighth inning as the Hawks rallied from a 6-3 deficit to beat Fort Vancouver 9-7 in eight innings.
- Tyler Normine, La Center baseball, went 3 for 4 with two runs and an RBI and allows no earned runs in three innings pitched with six strikeouts in a 16-4 win over Columbia-White Salmon.
- Travis Gibson, Washougal baseball, pitched a solid 5.2 innings on the mound and went 1 for 4 with an RBI as Wasougal beat R.A. Long 9-2 in the first game of a doubleheader.
- Mercy Canifax, Camas softball, threw out a runner at the plate in the bottom of the seventh to help preserve a late lead for the Papermakers in a 5-4 win over Evergreen.
- Sophia Soto, Hudson’s Bay softball, allowed just two hits over five innings as the Eagles beat Washougal 11-1.
- Alejandro Andrade, Union boys soccer, scored two goals in a 4-0 win over Prairie.
- Jadyn Terry, R.A. Long softball, struck out 11, walked one and allowed just three hits in a 6-1 win over Mark Morris.
- Alex Harris, Columbia River boys soccer, scored four goals as the Rapids beat Woodland 10-1 to remain undefeated.