Boston Jensen went 3 for 3 with two doubles as Camas baseball beat Union 7-3 on Friday.
The Papermakers, who had already wrapped up the 4A Greater St. Helens League title, took control with a five-run fifth inning.
Jensen’s second double drove in Jonathan Dabasinskas to tie the game 3-3 in the fifth. Camas would score four more in the inning with Diego Trujillo’s two-run single being a key hit.
Union’s loss means the last of three 4A GSHL postseason berths is still up for grabs.
Skyview can earn that berth if it beats Camas in a makeup of an April 21 game, likely early next week. That contest was postponed after allegations of racial taunts by Camas players in a junior-varsity game between the schools the previous day.
A Skyview (3-5) loss would give the final postseason berth to Union (3-6), who won two of three games against the Storm this season.
Battle Ground (5-4) wrapped up the league’s second postseason berth with an eight-inning win over Skyview on Thursday.
Stars of the day
- Chris Parkin, Columbia River baseball, threw a five-inning perfect game, striking out seven in a 10-0 win over Fort Vancouver. He also went 3 for 3 with two RBI and a double.
- Tyler Normine, La Center baseball, threw a complete game, allowing just three hits, in a 3-0 win over King’s Way Christian. It was the Knights’ first Trico League loss this season.
- Makayla Ferguson and Madeline Smith, Ridgefield softball, each went 3 for 4 with three RBI in a 13-4 win over R.A. Long as the Spudders improved to 14-0.
- Jaden Anderson, Mark Morris baseball, allowed two hits over six innings, striking out eight, as the Monarchs beat Hockinson 2-1.
- Megan Jenkins, Mark Morris softball, went 3 for 4 with three doubles, three RBI and was the winning pitcher in a 14-2 victory over Washougal.
- Emily Hughes, Woodland softball, went 2 for 3 with two doubles and four RBI in a 16-1 win over Fort Vancouver.
- Maggie Skinner and Lilli Seale, Hockinson softball, Skinner hit two home runs and Seale had a grand slam and six RBI in a 17-9 win over Evergreen.
- Bryden Palen, Washougal baseball, went 2 for 4 with two RBI and a double in a 9-7 win over Hudson’s Bay.
- Sophia Reyes, Columbia River softball, went 3 for 5 with a home run, a double and five RBI in a 10-7 win over Hudson’s Bay.
- Sydney Aman, Columbia-White Salmon softball, went 2 for 4 with three runs, three RBI, a home run and a double in a 10-2 win over Seton Catholic.
- Kylie Stroup and Larissa Villa, Heritage softball, each homered and combined to drive in seven runs in a 17-0 win over Kelso.