Makani Geisen allowed one hit over eight innings as King’s Way Christian baseball beat Seton Catholic 1-0 on Tuesday in the first game of a doubleheader.
Geisen struck out eight and walked one. He also scored the winning run on a double by Andrew Peru.
Dax Clifton also pitched well for Seton Catholic, striking out 13 and allowing three hits over seven innings.
Seton Catholic rebounded to win the nightcap 8-6, also in eight innings. Matthew Keith went 2 for 3 with three RBI and the Cougars scored two runs on a wild pitch and error.
With the split, King’s Way remains atop the Trico League at 8-2, one-half game ahead of La Center.
Seton Catholic remains in third place at 7-5.
Stars of the day
- Annika Yeh, Mountain View girls golf, tallied 33 Stableford points in a win over Kelso as the Thunder wrapped up their regular season as undefeated 3A GSHL champions.
- Maddie Milhorn, Skyview softball, had 15 strikeouts, walked none and allowed just two hits in a 3-0 win over Heritage.
- Cady Gruenberg, Battle Ground softball, had 10 strikeouts, allowed four hits and also went 2 for 4 at the plate in a 9-1 win over Camas.
- Evan McGuire, Union baseball, went 2 for 3 with a double, triple and three RBI in a 6-4 win over Prairie.
- Addison Clark, King’s Way Christian softball, went 2 for 4 with a double and four RBI in a 11 win over Seton Catholic.
- Will Goth, Evergreen baseball, went 3 for 4 with three RBI in a 4-3 win over Battle Ground. In the seventh inning, he doubled to drive in the tying run, then scored the winning run on a Trevin Livingston single.
- Mia Yanez, Columbia River softball, went 2 for 4 with two doubles and four RBI in a 14-2 win over Washougal.
- Jacinda Lee, Camas girls golf, shot 4-over 40 in a victory over Union that clinched the 4A GSHL title for the Papermakers.
- Katy Kutch, Seton Catholic softball, went 3 for 3 with two doubles, a triple and two RBI in a 4-3 loss to King’s Way Christian.
- Jarod Oldham and Logan Wall, Hockinson baseball, each went 2 for 3 as the Hawks knocked off first-place Mark Morris 6-5.
- Emem Ntekpere, Skyview girls track and field, won the 100 hurdles, 300 hurdles and high jump in a dual meet against Battle Ground.
- Eric Botnen, Skyview boys track and field, won the 100 meters, 200 meters and discus in against Battle Ground.