The Columbia River boys soccer team wrapped up a berth to the 2A state tournament with a 3-0 shut out of Ridgefield in the 2A district tournament on Thursday.
The Rapids advance to face Tumwater on Saturday in the district title game at Tumwater Stadium, according to the 2A district bracket.
Elliot McClafferty and Carver Taylor scored unassisted goals in the first half for Columbia River, and Rowen Naylor added the third goal with an assist from Taylor.
Goalkeeper Cameron Harris’ clean sheet included one save.
FORT VANCOUVER 3, WOODLAND 1 — The Trappers stayed alive with the hopes of a state berth by eliminating Woodland in the 2A district loser-out match.
Fort will play Ridgefield on Saturday for the spot at state.
Wyatt Daniels scored Woodland’s goal to make it 1-1 in the 55th minute.
Stars of the day
- Lexi Grumbus and Sydney Parsons, Kelso softball, combined to go 6 for 10, with five RBI, and seven runs scored in Hilanders’ 15-12 win over Evergreen in the 3A Greater St. Helens League regular-season finale.
- McKayla White and Kadence Burleson, Evergreen softball, combined to go 6 for 9 with seven RBI, and each with a home run in the Plainsmen’s loss to Kelso.
- Sofia Nelson, King’s Way Christian softball, combined to strike out 22 batters with just two walks in 15 innings in a doubleheader against Columbia of White Salmon.
- Sophia Acosta, Columbia-White Salmon softball, was 3 for 4 with two RBI including the go-ahead bunt single for the Bruins in the ninth inning of a 7-6 win over King’s Way Christian in the first game of a doubleheader.
- Eli Huntington, Camas boys golf, was medalist of the Camas Team Invite with a 3-under-par 69 at Camas Meadows in a tune-up event for next week’s 4A bi-district tournament.