Joe Biden is president during a worldwide inflationary period. The reasons for inflation are global, not local. The pandemic caused long-term disruption of supply chains worldwide, coupled with quickly rising labor rates in China, and the war in Ukraine has caused a global increase in oil prices.
The inflation rate in the U.S. (7.75 percent) is lower than in most of Europe and the U.K. (10.1 percent) and is about the same as in Canada (6.9 percent). None of those countries had stimulus checks or is subject to the Inflation Reduction Act.
Let’s discuss those bygone, halcyon days of President Donald Trump. How did he do?
- In the face of worsening climate change, he withdrew from the Paris climate agreement.
- He increased the national debt by 37.1 percent in just four years.
- He came within two votes of repealing Obamacare.
- He trashed our global image.
- He separated over 5,000 children from their families at the border.
- His inept handling of the coronavirus pandemic caused the unnecessary deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans.
- He headed the most corrupt administration in U.S. history as measured by federal indictments. He had the highest turnover rate of any administration in history.