Clark County is accepting applications for several open positions on the volunteer Animal Protection and Control Advisory Board. Terms for all open positions begin immediately.
The positions are for Clark County residents that represent:
- Member at large, term expires Oct. 31, 2024.
- Dog owner, term expires Oct. 31, 2025.
- Veterinarian or vet tech practicing in Clark County, term expires Oct. 31, 2023.
- Owns animal other than dog or cat, term expires Oct. 31, 2025.
- Facility owner, term expires Oct. 31, 2025.
Duties for the board include recommending changes to county code that promote animal welfare, acting as an appeals hearing tribunal and promoting the program, including licensing of dogs and cats.
Anyone interested should mail an application and resume to Animal Protection and Control, P.O. Box 9810, Vancouver, WA 98666-9810 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more about the board or to download an application, go to www.clark.wa.gov/community-development/animal-control-advisory-board.
The application deadline is Oct. 28.