Columbia River won a rematch of the 2021 Class 2A state volleyball championship match, beating Ridgefield 3-0 on Tuesday.
Lauren Dreves had 17 kills and 16 digs for the Rapids, who improved to 4-0 overall and 3-0 in the Class 2A Greater St. Helens League.
River won the first set 25-17, the second set 25-20 and closed out the sweep by taking the third set 25-22.
It was a standout defensive match for the Rapids. Both Sydney Dreves and Sasha Pekley each had 22 digs.
Lizzy Andrew had 18 kills and Paige Stepaniuk 18 digs for Ridgefield (2-2, 2-1).
Stars of the day
- Jack Kendrick, Columbia River boys golf, shot a 1-under par 34 at Mint Valley for medalist honors in River’s win against R.A. Long.
- Max Daniels, Ridgefield boys golf, made five birdies on his way to a 1-under 36 for medalist at Tri-Mountain in a match against Fort Vancouver and Hudson’s Bay.
- CJ Moore, Seton Catholic girls soccer, scored a hat trick in a 4-1 win over Tenino as the Cougars have started 3-0 for the first time in six years.
- Maya Woods, Union girls soccer, had a goal and an assist in a 2-0 win over Sumner, lifting the Titans to 3-0-1 this season.
- Ella Schoene, La Center volleyball, had seven hills, 10 digs and 11 service points with five aces in the Wildcats’ 3-0 win at Toutle Lake.
- Keanna Salavea, Heritage volleyball, had 16 kills, three blocks and 13 digs as the Timberwolves swept Battle Ground 25-9, 25-16, 25-10.
- Ella Conklin, Prairie volleyball, had nine kills, nine digs, five blocks and four aces as the Falcons beat Mountain View 26-24, 25-14, 25-19 to improve to 2-0 in the 3A GSHL.
- Bridget Brennan, Hockinson girls soccer, scored two goals in a 3-0 win over Washougal.
- Dasha Vasilenko, Woodland volleyball, had eight kills and 15 digs as the Beavers swept Fort Vancouver 25-6, 25-18, 25-13.
- Hayley Summers, Woodland girls soccer, had four goals and two assists in a 8-1 win over Hudson’s Bay.
- Hayden Reich, Camas boys cross country, won the 3-mile race at Evergreen against Kelso and Evergreen with a time of 16:05 to help the Papermakers to a team victory.
- Natalie Peddie, Camas girls cross country, finished first on the Evergreen 3-mile course in 19:18 as the Papermakers beat Kelso and Evergreen.
- Grayson Caldwell, Union boys cross country, helped lead the Titans to a team win over Battle Ground and Mountain View by winning on the 5,000-meter course at Pacific Community Park in 17:53.
- Charlotte Wilson, Union girls cross country, led a Titans’ sweep of the top 5 spots with a winning time of 18:48 over 5,000 meters at Pacific Community Park.
- Logan Bigelow, Prairie boys cross country, won on the 5,000-meter course at Lewisville Park with a time of 17:19.1 as the Falcons topped Skyview and Heritage.
- Annie Anderson, Prairie girls cross country, ran away with a 21-second win at Lewisville Park with a time of 21:16.8 over 5,000 meters.
- Shaela Bradley, La Center girls soccer, scored two goals in a 2-2 tie against Battle Ground.