The big news in the publishing world last week was the release of Prince Harry’s memoir, “Spare.” If you placed a hold on this title, it may be a little while until it’s available as it seems many readers are anxious to read Prince Harry’s story.
While you’re waiting for “Spare,” I have some suggestions for other royal reads. I am focusing on Queen Elizabeth II and her family for this list, but be sure to check out the library’s catalog at www.fvrl.org if you’re interested in earlier history of the British monarchy.
- “Brothers and Wives: Inside the Private Lives of William, Kate, Harry, and Meghan” by Christopher P. Andersen.
- “Crown and Sceptre: A New History of the British Monarchy, from William the Conqueror to Elizabeth II” by Tracy Borman.
- “Elizabeth & Margaret: The Intimate World of the Windsor Sisters” by Andrew Morton.
- “The Last Queen: Elizabeth II’s Seventy Year Battle to Save the House of Windsor” by Clive Irving.
- “The New Royals: Queen Elizabeth’s Legacy and the Future of the Crown” by Katie Nicholl.
- “The Queen: Her Life” by Andrew Morton.