The softballs were flying out at Heritage on Wednesday as Evergreen and the co-op team of Battle Ground/Heritage played their slow-pitch softball game.
Evergreen’s Delaney Bollman knocked out two three-run home runs as the Plainsmen outslugged the Tigerwolves 26-18 in five innings.
Bollman was 4 for 5 with eight RBI and also a double to go with her two homers.
The Tigerwolves’ Mylee Burrows was equal to the task with two grand slams for eight RBI and three runs scored.
Evergreen opened with an 11-run first inning, and the Tigerwolves got within 18-12 with an eight-run second inning.
Bollman’s first home run pushed Evergreen’s lead to 22-12.
The Tigerwolves again rallied and closed the gap to 22-18 in the fourth inning on Burrows’ second slam of the game.
Bollman and Zoey Mikkelson hit back-to-back homers in the fifth to give Evergreen some cushion.
Mikkelson was 5 for 5 with the HR, two doubles and three RBI. Chloe Shove was 4 for 5 with a homer and four RBI.
Mya Bacos was 2 for 3 with a home run and four RBI for the Tigerwolves.
Stars of the day
- Isabella Kruse, Prairie slowpitch, was 4 for 5 with a home run, three RBI and three runs scored in the Falcons’ win over Mountain View.
- Emma Grose, Camas slowpitch, was a home run shy of a cycle going 3 for 3 with a double, triple and three RBI as the Papermakers beat Kelso.
- Zena McKenzie, Union slowpitch, was 3 for 3 with a two-run home run, four RBI and two runs scored in the win over R.A. Long.
- Taylor Lies, Skyview slowpitch, was 3 for 3 with an RBI and two runs scored in Skyview’s win over Mark Morris.
- Neftali Menendez, Columbia River boys cross country, was the fastest at a four-team meet at Hudson’s Bay, covering 5,000 meters in 15 minutes, 50 seconds.
- Ainsley Morrisey, Columbia River girls cross country, was the fastest at a four-team meet at Hudson’s Bay, covering 5,000 meters in 20:14.
- Danica Allen, Ridgefield girls cross country, won a 5,000 meter race in 20:06 at a three-team meet at Hockinson Meadows.
- Davis Sullivan, Ridgefield boys cross country, won a 5,000 meter race in 17:04 to lead the Spudders to a team win in a three-team meet at Hockinson Meadows.
- Elle Thomas, Washougal girls cross country, finished first to lead the Panthers to victory at a four-team meet at Lake Sacajawea Park, covering 5,000 meters in 20:17.
- David Grice, Washougal boys cross country, the freshman finished first to lead the Panthers to victory at a four-team meet at Lake Sacajawea Park, covering 5,000 meters in 17:23.