FYI, Feb. 21
Sunday, February 21, 2010
- 42-PLUS SINGLES eat out, 2 p.m., Rocky’s Pizza, 1901 Main St., Battle Ground. * 360-737-1219.
- SANTA’S PACK, 3 p.m., Izzy’s Pizza, 1503 N.E. 78th St. * Rob, 360-721-7698, http://www.santaspack.com.
- 42-PLUS SINGLES, food and cards, 1:30 p.m., Westfield Vancouver food court, 8700 N.E. Vancouver Mall Drive. * 360-737-1219.
- SUPPORT OF SINGLES, 6:45 p.m. weekly at the Clark County Genealogical Society annex, 715 Grand Blvd. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Potluck the second Monday of each month. * Nancy, 360-694-3419.
- ALTRUSA INTERNATIONAL OF CLARK COUNTY solicits nominations for the 2010 Library Service Award. The award dinner will be April 29 at the Battle Ground Community Center, 912 E. Main St., Battle Ground. Nominations due March 12. * Info and forms: Marie, 360-921-2755.
- ZUMBATOMIC DANCE EXERCISE CLASS for kids. Mondays: 4 to 4:30 p.m. for ages 4-7, 4:35 to 5:20 p.m. for ages 8-12. Marshall Community Center, 1009 E. McLoughlin. $16 per month. * 360-487-7100.
- JOIN WEIGHT WATCHERS AT WORK at the Nutter Corporation at a corporate rate. All welcome. Weigh-in 5 p.m. Mondays, meeting 5:30-6 p.m. at 7211 N.E. 43rd Ave. * Brenda, 360-759-2203.
- CHRONIC PAIN AND FATIGUE SUPPORT GROUP, 2 p.m. Tuesday, Leonardo’s Pizza, corner of S.E. First St. and N.E. 164th Ave. Please attend perfume-free. * Rena, 360-835-5193.
- TIPS FOR NUTRITIONAL HEALTH, 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 27, Nutritional Consulting, The Academy, 400 E. Evergreen Blvd., suite 307. Topics include: weight loss/gain, digestion issues, vitamins/minerals, water consumption, cooking, shopping hints. Bring questions. Mail $10 check to above address. * 360-695-3118.
- NORTH CLARK HISTORICAL MUSEUM BASEMENT SALES, noon to 4 p.m. Sunday, North Clark Historical Museum, 21416 N.E. 399th St., Amboy. All proceeds benefit museum maintenance and development. * 360-247-5800.
- OPEN HOUSE, 1 to 4 p.m., Sunday at VCA East Mill Plain Animal Hospital, 416 N.E. 112th Ave. Treats, prizes and fun. Pets welcome. * 360-892-0032
- WEEKLY KNITTING CLASS, 10-11:30 a.m., Monday, La Center Community Library, 1402 E. Lockwood Creek Rd. Relax and learn to knit. * 360-619-1800
- MAH JONGG MANIA classes for 50 and better, 6 to 8 p.m. Feb. 22 to 26 with Janet Woodall, Luepke Center Community Room, 1009 E. McLoughlin Blvd. $31; $10 supply fee for new students. * 360-487-7100.
- LOVE AND LOGIC PARENTING CLASS, 6:15 p.m. Mondays, Felida Elementary School, 2700 N.W. 119th St. $20 per family or individual. Five-week series. * Bobbi Bellomy, 360-574-6290.
- MEDITATION FOR WORLD PEACE AND HEALING CLINIC, Featuring Pranic healing, a no-touch healing technique, respectful of all religions and philosophies. 7-9 p.m. the second and fourth Mondays of the month, Barberton Grange, 9400 N.E. 72nd Ave. Free. * 360-574-0585, http://www.pnwpranichealing.com.
- OUT ON THE WEB: WHAT IS NEW ON THE INTERNET family history class, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. March 20, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 18300 N.E. 18th St. Taught by Barbara & Hal Hovorka. Barbara taught more than 15 years at Portland Community College. Small charge to pay for handouts. * 360-944-5773.
- OUT OF THE MAINSTREAM: HIDDEN SOURCES AND RECORDS family history class, noon to 2 p.m. March 20, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 18300 N.E. 18th St. Taught by Barbara & Hal Hovorka. Barbara taught more than 15 years at Portland Community College. Small charge to pay for handouts. * 360-944-5773.
- NEWS @ 11 CONCERT, 6 p.m., Sunday, Kalama Community Building, 216 Elm St., Kalama. Admission is a can of food for the Open House family Shelter in Vancouver. Free will offering for bands. * John, 360-622-6694.
- PET PORTRAITS WITH PAWS FOR A CAUSE, through February at the Humane Society for Southwest Washington, 1100 N.E. 192nd Ave., $50; all proceeds to the Humane Society. * Make appointments with Lara Blair: 360-834-4814, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JEFF CLAYTON CONCERT, 7 p.m. March 2, Battle Ground High School Cafetorium, 400 W. Main St. $5; donations greatly appreciated. Proceeds will benefit the Battle Ground High School Jazz band, which will participate in the Swing Central competition in Savannah, Georgia.
- WASHOUGAL CLASS OF 1975 REUNION COMMITTEE MEETING, 4 p.m. Sunday, Angelo’s Pizza, 3136 N.E. Third Ave., Camas. Reunion will be July 30 to Aug. 1. * Stephanie, 360-835-3884; Janice, 360-852-2040.