Jaime Herrera Beutler’s election to the 3rd Congressional District seat last November opened the door to federal jobs for several local Republicans.
• Ryan Hart resigned his post as chairman of the Clark County Republican Party, a post he had held from 2008 to 2010, to become Herrera Beutler’s district director in Vancouver, where he oversees a staff that responds to the concerns of constituents.
• Shari Hildreth of Washougal, who served for 12 years as the Southwest Washington deputy director to former U.S. Sen. Slade Gorton, is Hart’s deputy district director.
• Keith Bundy of Ridgefield, who served as Herrera Beutler’s legislative aide in Olympia during the three years she represented the 18th Legislative District, also serves as a deputy director in her Vancouver office.
• Afton Swift, Herrera Beutler’s chief of staff in Washington, D.C., is a native of Idaho who has worked in the nation’s Capitol since 1997. He previously served on the staffs of three Republican congressmen, including two from Washington — Rep. Doc Hastings and former Rep. Jack Metcalf. Swift managed Republican Dino Rossi’s 2004 and 2008 campaigns for governor and served as a consultant to Herrera Beutler’s congressional campaign in 2010.
• Annie Raymond Bartlett, Herrera Beutler’s legislative director in Washington, D.C., is a Capitol Hill veteran who has served on the staffs of Rep. James Sensenbrenner of Wisconsin and former Rep. Porter Goss of Florida. Bartlett also worked for the National Association of Home Builders, handling environmental and transportation issues and coordinating with state homebuilder associations in 10 states, including Washington and Oregon.
• Casey Bowman, Herrera Beutler’s press secretary, served as her campaign spokesman in 2010 and as spokesman for the Rossi campaigns in 2004 and 2008.