Holiday closures: Independence Day
Sunday, July 3, 2011
What’s open and what’s closed on Independence Day:
• MAIL: Post offices closed Monday. No mail delivery. The postal unit inside the Shell gas station at Fisher’s Landing, 16320 S.E. Cascade Park Drive, is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
• GARBAGE: Trash and recycling collection follows the regular schedule Monday in Vancouver and most of Clark County. In Camas, Monday’s trash and recyclables will be picked up with Tuesday’s collections.
• COLLEGES: No classes at Clark College and Washington State University Vancouver.
• GOVERNMENT: City, county, state and federal offices closed.
• PUBLIC LIBRARIES: Closed.
• BUSES: C-Tran and TriMet follow Sunday schedules Monday. MAX will follow Saturday schedule. No WES service Monday.
• PARKING: Meters in downtown Vancouver free.
• CLARK PUBLIC UTILITIES: Offices closed. For customer service, call 360-992-3000 24 hours per day. For outages or emergencies, call 360-992-8000.
• DRIVER’S LICENSING: Closed.
• VEHICLE LICENSING: Closed.
• EMISSIONS TESTING: Closed.
• LIQUOR STORES: Most state-run stores open.
• BANKS: Most are closed.
• FINANCIAL MARKETS: New York Stock Exchange, Nasdaq and other markets closed.
• ANIMAL SHELTER: Humane Society for Southwest Washington open.
• MARSHALL COMMUNITY CENTER: Closed.
• FIRSTENBURG COMMUNITY CENTER: Closed.
• OREGON ZOO: Open.
• WESTFIELD VANCOUVER MALL: Open.
• THE COLUMBIAN: Columbian offices closed. Circulation line, 360-694-2312, answered from 4:30 a.m. to noon on Monday.