Seattle teen loses finger in fireworks explosion

Published:

 

SEATTLE (AP) -- The Seattle Fire Department says an 18-year-old lost a finger and suffered other injuries when a home-made firework blew up in his hand.

The teen said he found the device on the ground Monday night at a park in the Queen Anne neighborhood and that it went off when he picked it up.

The explosion knocked him out. In addition to losing the finger, a leg was burned and his hair singed.

He was taken to Harborview Medical Center in stable condition.

Paramedics were unable to locate the finger.

___

Information from: KIRO-TV, htthttp://www.kirotv.com/index.html