Gas leak prompts brief evacuation in Vancouver neighborhood
Saturday, July 9, 2011
A gas leak Saturday afternoon forced the evacuation of six homes in the Burnt Bridge Creek area.
Vancouver fire Capt. Scott Willis said the leak was reported just before 3 p.m. in the 4600 block of Northeast 155th Avenue. A resident reported that he had been digging a ditch in between two homes when he hit a gas line.
While Northwest Natural Gas Company repaired the leak, residents in six homes were displaced for less than 30 minutes, Willis said.