2 Ore. workers contact power line, fall 3 stories
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- A Portland Fire Bureau spokesman says two men installing gutters on the third floor of an apartment building were shocked, burned and knocked to the ground when a gutter section made contact with an overhead power line. Spokesman Paul Corah says the men were knocked off their ladders.
He says they suffered life-threatening injuries Tuesday and were rushed to area hospitals.
Corah says the men work for Great Northwest Gutters. Their names were not immediately released.
The Oregonian says investigators responded from the Oregon Safety and Health Division as well as the Fire Bureau.
Information from: The Oregonian, http://www.oregonlive.com