Battle Ground man arrested in alleged sex crimes involving Oregon teen
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
A Battle Ground man was arrested Friday by Newberg, Ore., police on charges he sent sexually explicit photos of himself to a 16-year-old female and intended to have sex with her.
The suspect was identified in the McMinnville News-Register as Philip Badalamenti, 53. He was charged with one count each of first-degree online sexual corruption of a child, second-degree encouraging child sexual abuse and soliciting third-degree sexual abuse.
Officers responded at about 8 a.m. Friday to a call from a man who said he had detained a male who was stalking his niece, the News-Register reported.
The teen told officers she had been chatting online with Badalamenti for a couple of days. When he showed up at her residence, she got scared and went to her uncle.
Officers arrived at a residence in the 600 block of Dartmouth Street to find Badalamenti being detained by the teen’s uncle. Badalamenti admitted sending the photos of himself to the victim.
Forensic evidence obtained by the Newberg-Dundee Police Computer Crimes Unit corroborated statements of both the suspect and the victim, according to the News-Register.
Authorities with the Battle Ground Police Department and Clark County Sheriff’s Office said they have no active investigations involving Badalamenti.
He was lodged in the Yamhill County Jail in Oregon on $17,500 bail. He posted the required 10 percent Saturday to secure his release.
Badalamenti is listed as “married,” according to his Facebook profile.