People in business
• The Columbian has named Ben Campbell its digital strategist. Campbell, 23, has a bachelor’s degree in advertising from Washington State University and interned with News Channel 21 in Bend, Ore. The son of Publisher Scott Campbell, he has worked at The Columbian in a number of positions beginning at age 15. The Columbian, founded in 1890, has been owned by the Campbell family since 1921.
• Chris McKinney, an employee of Vancouver-based Entek Corp., has been certified in Whole Building Science from a nationally recognized program. McKinney was one of the first Entek employees to receive the certification to help heating and cooling system technicians diagnose indoor air-quality problems.
• Roxann Durgeloh of Vancouver has become an independent consultant with Tastefully Simple Inc., a national direct sales company featuring more than 60 easy-to-prepare foods. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Mayer/Reed, a Portland-Vancouver landscape architecture and visual communications firm, has added two employees. Liz Talley has joined the firm as an environment graphic designer. Talley brings 10 years of experience in developing signage, dimensional graphics and wayfinding to the company. She graduated from Louisana State University. Landscape architect Kerry White is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison. White’s prior professional experience includes landscape architecture design for the College of Business and Economics at Boise State University and planning work for the parks department in Madison, Wis.
• Real Living, a full-service, national real estate franchise company, has announced its debut in the Portland-Vancouver metropolitan area under the leadership of real estate experts Chad and Hollie Sessions, who have formed new regional brokerage Real Living, The Real Estate Group. Chad Sessions, who brings two decades of real estate experience, intends to hire 75 to 100 real estate professionals in the next 12 to 15 months.
• Martin “Marty” Caldwell has been selected as sales manager for PeaceHealth laboratories to promote PeaceHealth’s medical laboratory services in Washington, Oregon and Alaska. His experience includes 25 years in the laboratory industry in sales and sales management. He will manage a 12-person sales team, oversee sales strategies and build customer relationships while based from his home near Seattle.
• Alicia A. Muñoz, who worked at RS Medical for four years, was presented with the 2011 American College of Healthcare Executives Regent’s Award on Oct. 13 in Seattle at the ACHE breakfast held in conjunction with the Washington State Hospital Association. The award was given in recognition of significant contributions toward the achievement of the goals of the American College of Healthcare executives and the advancement of health care management excellence.
• Sean Janson has joined the Southwest Washington Community Land Trust board. Janson is the sales and marketing director for Smith-Root, a fisheries conservation company in Salmon Creek.
• J.D. Thomas, certified executive chef at Northwest Culinary Institute, was honored by the ACF Chefs de Cuisine Society of Oregon as 2011 Chef of the Year at its 52nd-annual awards dinner. Thomas helped build curriculum at Northwest Culinary Institute when it opened seven years ago. He has worked in the restaurant industry since age 14, and his resume includes restaurant ownership and 12 years as an instructor.
• The Clark County Chapter of Business Networking International has named Regina McCarrig of connecting Touch Therapeutic Massage as president. Other officers include Jeff Bloomquist, Ameriprise Financial, vice president; and Erik Witcraft, Flowers Washougal, secretary and treasurer. BNI is a business and professional referral organization that allows only one person from each profession to join a chapter. http://www.bnioregon.com.
• Brian Kleine has won the Core Values Award from Ridgefield-based Corwin Beverage. Kleine is a sales driver for the beverage company, where he has been an employee since 2000. Employees are chosen by their peers for the award, which honors employees who demonstrate daily the company’s core values. Corwin has bottled and distributed beverages, including Pepsi products, in Southwest Washington since 1941.
Other business briefs
• Moor Enterprises LLC of Vancouver has purchased a 33,000-square-foot warehouse building at 12303 N.E. 56th St. in Vancouver, in the 121st Avenue Business Park, as headquarters for its Ryonet Corp., a provider of silk-screen printing supplies and equipment. The new building, purchased for $2.8 million, is about four times the size of the building that Ryonet currently leases, said company CEO Ryan Moor. The extra space will allow for an expanded warehouse, training and office uses, as well as room for more educational seminars, Moor said. The company expects to be in the new building no earlier than the end of 2011. Ryonet has 50 employees in Vancouver out of 75 worldwide, Moor said. The company currently is based at 11800 N.E. 60th Way in Vancouver.
• The Pacific Northwest Christmas Tree Association has elected Mark Arkills of Holiday Tree Farms in Corvallis, Ore., president of the board of directors. Others serving with Arkills include Mark Schmidlin, Schmidlin Farms, Banks, Ore., vice president; Bruce Wiseman, The Tree Wisemans, Ridgefield, vice president; and Jan Hupp, Drakes Crossing Nursery, Silverton, Ore., secretary and treasurer.
• SpykerMedia of Camas was recently recognized for a Clark College commercial, “Maze,” which won a Platinum EMPixx award. SpykerMedia was also honored with a Gold EMPixx award for a promotional video created for Support for Early Learning and Families. The awards are presented by the American pixel Academy. SpykerMedia helps businesses, colleges and nonprofit groups develop video marketing strategies.
• Northwest Cancer Specialists P.C., the largest independent cancer and hematology treatment practice in the region, has changed its name to Compass Oncology. The company has seven locations in the Portland area, including two in Clark County. * http://www.compassoncology.com.