Electrical failure in truck parked next to Amboy house started fire, official says

House, contents destroyed

By John Branton, Columbian Staff Reporter

Published:

 

A fire that destroyed a home at 38507 N.E. 124th Ave. in Amboy last weekend started in an older Ford pickup parked near it, Clark County Assistant Fire Marshal Richard Martin said Friday.

It likely was caused by an electrical failure in the truck’s speed-control system, Martin added.

Crews from Fire District 10 responded to the fire at 4:16 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 27.

Fire crews radioed that they could see a plume of smoke as they left the station. Upon arriving, they reported the house was fully enfulfed in flames.

Fire District 10 Battalion Chief Gordon Brooks said the house and its contents were a total loss.

No injuries were reported.

County property records show the house is owned by Richard and Debra Wells.

Personnel from Fire District 13, Clark County Fire & Rescue and North Country EMS also responded.

John Branton@columbian.com or john.branton@columbian.com.