Thursday, April 5, 2012
Tsugawa Nursery: 410 E. Scott Ave., Woodland. Events are free unless noted. Register: 360-225-8750 or http://tsugawanursery.com
• 1 p.m. April 7: Vegetable Gardening 101. Learn what’s best to plant from seed and what to buy or plant as a transplant.
• 1 p.m. April 14: Potting Party. Bring a container for this hands-on help with creating a container. Soil and fertilizer will be provided. Priced according to supplies.
Shorty’s Garden and Home: 10006 Mill Plain Blvd., Vancouver. Events are free unless noted. Register: 360-892-7880 or http://www.shortysgardenandhome.com/?cid=998.
• 10 a.m. to noon April 7: Spring Containers. Kellie Sinclair will discuss concepts, styles and pertinent plants.
• 1 to 3 p.m. April 7: Living Wreaths. In this hands-on class, design and build a sedum wreath. The $15 fee is credited toward the purchase of materials and plants.
• 10 a.m. to noon April 14: Successful Landscaping. Beth Goodnight will discuss proper project preparation and sustainable plant selection for our region.
• 1 to 3 p.m. April 14: Sod or Seed. Zack Kuenzi will discuss site preparation, sod installation and growing lawns from seed.
WSU Small Farm Expo: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 14 at Heritage Farm, 1919 N.E. 78th St. Landowners can choose from several free classes. Lunch available for $10. 360-397-6060, ext. 0, or http://clark.wsu.edu/horticulture/smallAcreageProgram.html
Bare Root Tree and Plant Fundraiser Sale: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 28-29, Wildlife Botanical Gardens, 11000 N.E. 149th St., Brush Prairie. Trees, $8; shrubs, $5; perennials start at $1. Funds support NatureScaping’s nonprofit Wildlife Botanical Gardens. firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-737-1160.
Backyard Composting Workshop: 6 to 8 p.m. April 19 at Columbia Springs, 12208 S.E. Evergreen Highway. Visit a composting demonstration site to learn about ways to make garden compost. Free but registration required. http://www.columbiasprings.org/mcr/classes.html
Family Wormshop: 10 a.m. to noon April 21 at Columbia Springs, 12208 S.E. Evergreen Highway. Learn the basics of vermicomposting and prepare bedding for a wormbin. Bin and worms provided. Children must be at least age 5 to participate, $35. Pre-registration required one week in advance of class. http://www.columbiasprings.org/mcr/classes.html
Camas-Washougal Community Garden Club: 1 p.m. the fourth Wednesday of each month, Camas Community Center, 1817 S.E. Seventh Ave., Camas. Visitors welcome. 360-210-8012.
Fort Vancouver Rose Society meeting: 7 to 9 p.m. the first Thursday of each month, Clark County Genealogy Annex, 7165 Grand Blvd., Vancouver. Meet rose lovers and learn from experts. Free. 360-696-1331.
Vancouveria Garden Club: 12:30 to 3 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month, Covington House, 4201 Main St., Vancouver. 360-936-6515.
Vancouver Chrysanthemum Society: 2:30 p.m. third Monday of the month, Heritage Farm, 1919 N.E. 78th St., Vancouver. 360-896-7278.
Send information to email@example.com.