6-year-old boy injured in BBQ explosion in Aloha
Sunday, April 8, 2012
HILLSBORO, Ore. (AP) -- The Washington County sheriff's office says a woman trying to re-light some charcoal briquettes at a family cookout at Aloha squirted on some high-octane fuel used in remote-control toy cars and airplanes.
The barbecue and fuel can exploded Sunday afternoon, injuring her 6-year-old son.
Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue says the boy suffered burns to his hands and face. He's in the intensive care unit at Legacy Emmanuel Medical Center in Portland. He is expected to survive.
The woman's husband received minor burns to his hands but did not require hospitalization.