Have you taken time to look at the U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., plan now endorsed by Mitt Romney and the Republicans? Let’s look at some key points:
- Raises taxes on those making $50,000 to $200,000 by $1,300 to $2,600 a year.
- Cuts taxes on those making between $500,000 and $1 million by $35,000 a year. Cuts taxes on those making over a million by $285,000 a year.
- Eliminates corporate taxes for money made overseas and offshore jobs.
- Cuts from veterans programs.
- Cuts from transportation, such as roads and airports.
- Cuts from science, space, and basic technology.
- Cuts from natural resources and the environment.
- Cuts to income assistance for food stamps, housing, earned income tax credit.
- Cuts from education.
- Replaces Medicare with voucher planned for private insurance.
- Medicaid becomes block grants that states decide how to use.
- Repeals the health care plan. Have a pre-exiting condition? Good luck.
- Repeals help for longtime care.
- Reduces and removes disease prevention programs.
- Reduces and removes public health programs.
So does this sound good to you? Welcome to the ruling elite — hundreds of filibusters by the Republicans and counting.