Rep. Moeller talks gay marriage, local issues in live chat
Vancouver Democrat will discuss gay marriage, other issues
Friday, February 17, 2012
More to come!
At noon Friday, Feb. 24, Matt Nipper from PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center will join us for a live chat about teen heart screenings. Nipper is an exercise physiologist who works closely with the doctors in the rehabilitation center. We will be discussing the recent focus on Heart Health Month and what parents can look for and do to keep their kids and teen athletes healthy. He will also have information about the Young Champions Clinic to be held on Feb. 25.
The live chat with State Rep. Jim Moeller on Columbian.com has concluded. The event drew more than 70 participants who asked questions about the recent legalization of same-sex marriage in Washington as well as other state and local issues.
The next chat on heart-screenings for teen athletes will be held next Friday, Feb. 24.
Visit www.columbian.com/chat to see a replay of the chat with Moeller. A full transcript will also be posted there and an edited version will run in the print edition tomorrow.
Editor's Note: This story was originally posted Feb. 14. See the original comments, including reader questions.
The moderators prioritized the questions of those who logged in to ask, but a few questions from the comment section and our Facebook page were also posted.
Some suggested topics from the story comments included:
- Terry Busch: A proposed bill (HB2330) that would require Washington health insurance providers to cover abortion.
- Rob Perkins: "Why no one moved to attach a referendum clause, as inevitable as that would be by signature in the coming weeks," to the gay marriage legislation.
- Gregory Dennis: "I am interested to know whether the State can offer any support to the current effort to recruit Boeing suppliers to relocate to the Vancouver / Port of Vancouver area."
From our Facebook page:
- Bonnie Sabel: "Please ask ... if our representatives are there to represent the people in their districts, why wasn't this important issue put to a vote?" (gay marriage)
- Ed Elder: "Equal rights? Ask Moeller about HB 2330 and see if there are equal rights for the un born. his answer will be NO!"