People in business
• Vancouver real estate agent Vicki Glasow was installed as 2012 president of the Clark County Association of Realtors at the group’s recent installation event. Glasow, a broker with Prudential Northwest Properties in Vancouver, was sworn in with five other officers and nine board members who will preside over the association this year. Association members include nearly 1,300 Realtors who represent the real estate community on federal and statewide issues.
• Joe Waite of Camas-based Barrett and Company PLLC recently passed the uniform certified public accountant examination and is now a licensed CPA in Washington state. Waite graduated from Washington State University with a bachelor’s degree in business administration and a certificate of professional sales.
• Vancouver Farmers Market has re-elected Jim Mains president of the association. Mains, owner of the marketing firm Main Distinction, has been president since 2009. Other appointments to the board this year include Christina Baldisseri, Greg Whitson and Jackie Burns. Madeleine Dulemba and Bart Curren, who have been board members, were elected vice presidents. Vancouver Farmers Market is the second-largest outdoor market in the state.
• The Portland Yacht Club board of trustees has named Gary Campbell, 49, the new manager. Campbell, who lives in Vancouver, has a decree in the hospitality management field. He was the general manager of Royal Oaks Country Club from 2005 to 2008.
• Benjamin Gilbert has been elected president of the board of Financial Planning Association of Oregon and Southwest Washington. The group is the membership organization for the financial planning community.
• Steve Savage of Edward Jones received certified financial planner certification. Savage works in the Edward Jones office at 8606-B East Mill Plain Blvd. * 360-896-9464.
• James Hill of Camas has a new startup business, Bathe EZ, which features a bath tub insert that fits over an existing tub without remodeling. * Video at http://www.batheez.com, 360-798-4159.
Other business news
• Minda Coombs, a sales consultant with the Hazel Dell-based A.L. Insurance Group Inc., formally opened her new sales office in downtown Camas, 418 N.E. Fourth Ave., Suite 101, Jan. 3. Coombs will serve east county residents with insurance and financial services. * 360-718-9464.
• Three Brothers Vineyard & Winery in Ridgefield is repeating its winning ways at this year’s San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition. Winners included the winery’s 2009 Sangiovese, which won a gold medal, and its 2008 Malbec Reserve and 2009 Brethren cuvee, which won bronze medals. Three Brothers has won numerous medals over the past several years. The San Francisco event is the largest competition for American wines in the world, with more than 5,500 wines being submitted for the 2012 competition.