Addie Perrenoud, the 9-year-old girl who was seriously burned Wednesday when her clothes caught fire in her La Center home, is still listed in critical condition at a Portland hospital.
Firefighters received a report of a potential house fire at 652 W. Fifth St. around 9:19 a.m. Crews arrived four minutes later and found Addie in the home with second- and third-degree burns on 75 percent of her body, Clark County Fire & Rescue Chief Dennis Mason said.
Firefighters believe the girl was using a match in the bathroom, potentially to light a candle, when her flannel night gown caught fire. Addie ran into the hallway and her mom, Kelly Perrenoud, got her to the ground and put the fire out, Mason said.
Addie was sent to the Oregon Burn Center at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center in Portland via LifeFlight helicopter. Her mom was also taken to the burn center, where she was treated and released.