Clark County business briefing
Sunday, October 14, 2012
People in business
• Blaine A. Peterson has joined Morgan Stanley Smith Barney's wealth management office at 1701 S.E. Columbia River Drive as a financial advisor and retirement plan counselor. Peterson was previously with Riverview Community Bank for six years.
• Mel Russell, owner of Aldercreek Vineyards in Vancouver, is now vice chairman of the Association of Washington Business. Other new officers are Doug Bayne, director of resource development for the Walla Walla Community College Foundation, who was named board chairman; and Lisa Janicki, chief financial officer of Janicki Industries in Sedro-Woolley, who was named secretary-treasurer. The association has more than 8,000 members from across the state.
• Bob Thayne has joined MacKay Sposito as a design group project manager. Thayne has degrees from Walla Walla University and the University of California, Irvine. He has more than 11 years of civil engineering experience in infrastructure, residential, institutional, commercial and industrial projects. Thayne will work at the company's Vancouver corporate office.
• Leadership Clark County, a nonprofit, nonpartisan civic leadership development program, has appointed four new members to its volunteer board of directors. The new directors are Sharif Burdzik, Shane Gardner, Nelson Holmberg and Julia Maglione. Burdzik of the class of 2009 is vice president at Riverview Community Bank. Gardner of the class of 2010 is community outreach officer for the Clark County Sheriff's Office. Holmberg of the class of 2008 is executive director of the Port of Woodland. Maglione of WordPlay Marketing Services is the class of 2012 representative.
• Benjamin Jacobs, a surgeon at Rebound, an orthopedic and neurosurgery clinic in Portland and Southwest Washington, has earned his board certification from the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. Jacobs joined Rebound in August. He is an orthopedic surgeon with subspecialty in hand and upper extremity surgery.
• Linda Reid, who has worked at West Coast Bank since 1991, has joined the board of directors of Vancouver's Downtown Association. Reid, a 2009 graduate of Leadership Clark County, is a Vancouver resident.
Other business news
• Vancouver-based New Tradition Homes has received two awards for its entry, LaCross, in the 2012 Tri-Cities Parade of Homes in Pasco. The building firm has also received a Judge's Award for best kitchen and a Builder's Choice Award for outstanding family plan.
The Columbian welcomes submissions about Clark County residents or businesses, as well as regional business events. Information must be received by noon of the Tuesday preceding the intended Sunday publication date. Send to email@example.com or fax 360-735-4491. Sales awards are not published.