Dryer ignites; firefighters save house

By Patty Hastings, Columbian Social Services, Demographics, Faith



Fire destroyed a dryer inside a home in west Hazel Dell on Thursday afternoon.

The fire at 1010 N.W. Sluman Road was reported at 2:33 p.m. Fire District 6 originally sent one engine and upgraded the call to a full structure fire, said Assistant Chief David Taylor.

Crews arrived three minutes later and found an electric dryer on fire. The fire was contained to the dryer, although the cabinet above the dryer was damaged, and there was smoke damage throughout the house, Taylor said. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire.

A Clark County fire marshal is investigating the incident.