People in business
• Clark County Skills Center instructor Pam Archer will head up the center's new Fashion Merchandising and Management program for high school sophomores and juniors this year. The program outlines the fundamentals of the fashion industry and is aimed at meeting future job demand.
• Patti Onslow, who has 22 years of escrow and mortgage lending experience, has joined Columbia Title as escrow manager. She is a Vancouver resident.
• Mark Saftich recently joined Academy Mortgage as a senior mortgage consultant. He has almost 10 years of experience in the mortgage lending industry and is licensed in both Washington and Oregon.
• Ridgefield resident Steven Gaspar has been elected president of the board of directors of Meals on Wheels People. Gaspar, who joined the board in 2007, is a senior vice president and chief actuarial officer of the Regence Group. Since 1970, Meals on Wheels People has provided a nutritional and social lifeline for seniors through 35 meal sites in Multnomah, Washington and Clark counties and Meals on Wheels delivery to homebound seniors.
Other business news
• Real Living has moved into its regional flagship office at 1905 S.E. 192nd Ave. The property is designed to serve about 75 real estate agents through a combination of permanent and flexible offices. Real Living, the Real Estate Group, has 40 agents working at its new headquarters, along with offices at 1404 N.E. 134th St. and at 18105 N.E. 159th St., Hockinson. • 360-921-2423.
• Four Southwest Washington eye physicians and surgeons have partnered to create a new ophthalmology practice, Eye Care Specialists of Vancouver, PC. Using advanced procedures and equipment, the clinic provides personal care in treating people of all ages. Doctors Richard A. Bernheimer, Jay N. Chapman, Paul M. Keown and Adam L. Rasky, all board-certified ophthalmologists, have been working in the Vancouver area for at least a decade each. The clinic is in the Columbia Medical Plaza at 8614 E. Mill Plain Blvd., Suite 201. • 360-904-6781, online.
• South Pacific Cafe and Lounge opened recently at 15th E. Main St. in Battle Ground. The restaurant features pizza, burgers, steaks, seafood and pastas, along with their Tiki hut offering a full bar with 10 brews on tap. The eatery is owned by partners, Keno Leighty, Nik Casetta and Kevin Taylor. Hours: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday; 3 to 10 p.m. Saturday; and 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday. • 360-687-0418.
The Columbian welcomes submissions about Clark County residents or businesses, as well as regional business events. Information must be received by noon of the Tuesday preceding the intended Sunday publication date. Send to email@example.com or fax 360-735-4491. Sales awards are not published.