Four teams from Clark County Special Olympics won gold medals during the Washington Special Olympics Southwest Region Basketball Tournament, qualifying for the state tournament.
A total of 13 teams represented Clark County Special Olympics at the regional tournament, held Feb. 3 in Bremerton.
In addition to the Wizards, Bulldogs, Trailblazers and Wildthings, the Clark County Falcons were invited to the state tournament after taking second in the Skills 3 competition in Bremerton. The state basketball tournament will take place March 1-3.
To learn more about Special Olympics, and its programs in Clark County, visit http://www.specialolympics.org, or contact Clark County Special Olympics sports coordinator Rick Cook by e-mail at CCSOWA@live.com
Here are the rosters for the regional gold medal teams from Clark County:
• Wizards Masters 1 coached by Audrey Stekhuizen and Christopher Stekhuizen — Michael Bronson, Michael Cook, Nathan Ellis, Santos Lopez, Levi Neil, Luke Smith, Ivan Soltero and Andrew Stekhuizen.
• Bulldogs Masters 4 coached by Jon Wimber and Brian Zylstra — Adam Barr, Jason Downey, Russ Jones, Peter Li, Sam McIntyre, David Meliza, Scott Shivvers, Eric Stage, Michael Vanoni and Ally Warner.
• Trailblazers Masters 6 coached by Scott Milam and Tayloy Guzman — Westley Altig, Karen Carrico, Joesph Dawson, Casey Ellison, Conner Finerty, Craig Francis, Mark Hart, Alyssa Kwak, Lauren Miliam, Michael Suire, John Veals and Richard Wilen.
• Wild Things Juniors 1-2 coached by JR Vela, Braeden Manor and Morgan Jensen — Meridian Bonser, Justin Dalton, Mariah Davis, Cole Gaddis, McKenna Gaddis, Carter Giles, Josiah Malik-Byers, Taylor Malik-Byers, Preston Manor, Kat Sanders and Schuyler Zychowicz.
Here are the rosters for the Clark County silver medal winners:
• Bobcats Seniors 3 coached by Brandi Zychowicz, Jim Shultz and Shayla McIntyre — Matt Baker, Johnathon Chidester, Thomas Chidwick, Lizzy McIntyre, Doug McPherson, Everett Smith, Jason Sorenson, Alex Trimble, Fiona Wimber, Bryanna Zychowicz and Corbyn Zychowicz.
• Pirates Skills Team 2 coached by Gary Haliski — David Balas, Carl Crosiar, Greg Martino, Grant Richard, Mark Samples, Michael Torres and Ana Marie Von Kaenel.
• Falcons Skills 3 Team coached by Emily Hamilton and Melinda Malik — Jazmine Bussard, Evan Cole, Jordan Fallon, Kristopher Gatlin, Mallory Hamilton, Amirs Koutsles, Michael Koutsles, Charlie Malik-Byers, Elijah Malik-Byers, Alexis McCorvey and Sarah Trimble.
Here are the rosters for the Clark County bronze medal winners:
• Flying Eagles Masters 5 coached by Dennis Huck and Mary Huck — Dennis Dole Jr., Becky Johnson, Lawrence Joslin, Michael Krecklow, Heidi Moss, Anthony Nugget, Tim Rogers, Deanna Sanders, Samantha Spencer, Sean Starr and Aundrew Virelles.
• Bearcats Skills Team 2 coached by Jackie Trimble and Bailey Hamilton — JB Becker, Jim Byers, David Cralley, Rebekah Galliher, Mary Hendricks, Tori Lyster and Bill Shedel.
The Clark County fourth-place teams rosters:
• Blue Sonics Masters 6 coached by Elizabeth Francis, Nick Barclay and David Johnson — Rachel Akins, Jason Baumgartner, Jordon Brown, Tim Cook, Jerrod Crowson, James Davis, Estavan Rosales, Lauren Swartsell, Leslie Swartsell and Jackie Winters.
• Rollin Cats Skills Team 1 coached by Teresa Haliski and Richard Santanna — Jeremy Haliski, Glenda Huhtala, Dusty Lang, Charles Rymer, Tiffany Torres, Mark Trenda and Hannah Wampach.
The Clark County fifth-place teams rosters:
• Cougars Masters 7 coached by Jason Scott and Christina Lanham — Diana Bartusek, Jacob Blunt, Jolene Brown, Sam Dost, Shawn Hassig, Anjuli Heath, Paul Kotz, Thomas Kukkola, Jacob Lattanzi, Marissa McCollum, Katie Murray and Rachael Quattlebaum,
• Rebels Skills Team 1 coached by Sylvia Downey and Chrissy Hilby — Krista Downey, Kenda Eaton, Karen Hilby, Anthony Hopkins, Lea Mulligan, Susan Kunkel and Lori Steed.