Vancouver police investigate report of drive-by shooting
Thursday, January 3, 2013
Alleged drive-by shooting
A 25-year-old Vancouver man was treated for a gunshot wound early Thursday morning after he told police he was the victim of a drive-by shooting, Vancouver Police Department spokeswoman Kim Kapp said.
The man arrived at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center at 2:40 a.m. for treatment of the non-life-threatening wound to his upper left arm, Kapp said.
The man told police that he had been in the 3500 block of East Fourth Plain Boulevard when he was shot, though Kapp said the man was not cooperative when police questioned him further.
Kapp said that police searched the area and did not find evidence of a shooting. The case is under investigation by the agency’s Safe Streets Task Force.