Letter: Plenty of frustrations
Saturday, January 12, 2013
I could write a letter to the editor every day because of all of the nonsense that is going on in this country. Because I cannot, here is my list.
• Fiscal cliff: Elected lawmakers acted like children at the expense of the people who elected them.
• Debt ceiling: See above.
• Assault weapons: In the hands of "rednecks," go figure.
• Concealed weapons in public places: See above.
• Armed teachers: What does that tell our children about our society?
• Liquor taxes: a fraud on the voters. Just charge the normal state sales tax.
• Voters — continually re-electing buffoons to political office .
• David Madore: No bridge? Get real. No tolls? Try the commute for once. I did for 40 years. Also, building it will create jobs, and manufacturers will look at Clark County, knowing their trucks will not be tied up in traffic jams.
• Gas prices: How many times must these hikes occur before the public demands an investigation?
1• Dysfunction in the U.S. Senate: 60 votes to pass anything. Filibusters. A total joke.
Oh well, we all know absolutely nothing will change. Passive voters, corrupt politicians — it is just a continual merry-go-round. We reap what we sow.