People in business
• The Humane Society for Southwest Washington’s board of directors has appointed Stacey Graham as the nonprofit organization’s president and executive director. She is the former chief strategy officer and executive vice president of First Independent.
• Clark County’s iQ Credit Union has promoted Ed Franks to vice president and manager, business services. He has more than 30 years of experience with financial institutions in Vancouver and the Pacific Northwest. Franks will oversee lending and deposit services for the credit union’s business customers.
• Andy Nygard, a local Edward Jones financial adviser, was recently honored by the firm for his job performance. The recognition earned an invitation to attend the company’s annual managing partners’ conference in April in Scottsdale, Ariz. Nygard was one of 350 out of more than 11,000 Edward Jones financial advisers invited to attend the conference. He has been a financial adviser with the company for 20 years.
• John Hansen has been hired as project manager at Garrette Custom Homes. Hansen is a licensed real estate broker who began his career in 1976. In 1996, he founded a construction company, JT Homes. Garrette was founded in 2004 and is headquartered in Vancouver.
• HDJ Design Group, a Vancouver-based engineering, planning and landscape-architecture firm headquartered in Vancouver, has hired Katie Daniel. She is a construction inspector III, construction manager and DOT erosion control inspector in Washington and Oregon.
• Phoebe Krueger has been promoted to assistant vice president, relationship banking officer at Pacific Continental Bank, headquartered in Eugene, Ore. Krueger will continue working from the bank’s Vancouver office. She was a graduate of Leadership Clark County in 2011. Brandon Posey has also been promoted to assistant vice president, commercial banking officer. Posey will continue working from the Vancouver office.
• Morgan Stanley has appointed Benjamin A. Lanphar as branch manager of the firm’s wealth management office in Vancouver. He will be responsible for supervising 12 financial advisers. Lanphar has been with Morgan Stanley since 2007 and lives in Vancouver.
o Forty-three brokers in the Windermere Cronin & Caplan Realty Group Inc.’s Stellar Group were recently recognized by the company for the top 10 percent of production for 2012. In Vancouver, those brokers are Scott Anthony, Rick Jenkins, Nancy Johns, Rowena Lusby and Patrick Williams, in the Mill Plain office; and Connie Bovee, Mike Lamb, and Patti Philip in the Officers Row office. The firm offers commercial and residential real estate services from 11 offices in Vancouver, Portland, Lake Oswego, West Linn and the northern Oregon Coast.
The Columbian welcomes submissions about Clark County residents or businesses, as well as regional business events. Information must be received by noon of the Tuesday preceding the intended Sunday publication date. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 360-735-4491. Sales awards are not published.