Two men escaped injury after a fire broke out in a back bedroom at a Felida house early Tuesday morning.
Crews from Clark County Fire District 6 and Vancouver Fire Department responded to the fire, reported at 7:43 a.m. at 1201 N.E. 117th St.
A man was still inside the residence when firefighters arrived and was trying to put out the flames with a garden hose, Fire District 6 Chief Jerry Green said. The man was treated for smoke inhalation on scene but was not taken to a hospital.
Firefighters called him out and quickly extinguished the flames, Green said.
Traffic on Northeast Hazel Dell Avenue and Highway 99 was briefly disrupted while emergency personnel worked at the scene.