Ten outstanding local nonprofit agencies are finalists for the 2013 Nonprofit Excellence Awards, sponsored by the Nonprofit Network of Southwest Washington. The network’s review committee based selections on service to the community.
The award winners will be announced at a ceremony from 5 to 7:30 p.m. on Sept. 10 at the Heathman Lodge, 7801 N.E. Greenwood Drive. Tickets are $20. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit http://nonprofitnetworkwa.org.
Here are the award categories and finalists.
• Impact Award, honoring high quality and impact: Community Services Northwest Wellness Project and Washington State University Vancouver Business Growth Mentor & Analysis Program.
• Governance Award, honoring success in building an engaged and effective board of directors: Children’s Center and Northwest Association for Blind Athletes.
• Volunteer Program Award, honoring strong volunteer leadership: Assistance League of Southwest Washington and Community Services Northwest Wellness Project.
• Collaboration Award, recognizing collaboration between a nonprofit and other partners: Affordable Community Environments/REACH and AWARE Inc./Educational Service District no. 112.
• Corporate Community Partner Award, honoring a business that supports the nonprofit sector: Pacific Continental Bank and Riverview Community Bank.
For more information about the Nonprofit Network of Southwest Washington, call Jeanne Kojis at 360-735-7110.