You Can Help

By Pauline Sipponen, Columbian News Assistant



• Volunteer Connections provides opportunities through the Human Services Council.

For information on the following and other opportunities, call 360-735-3683.

Columbia River Mental Health seeks volunteers to answer phones, enter data using a computer, file and create packets.

Columbia Springs Environmental Education Center is looking for a person to facilitate and lead volunteer restoration parties five Saturdays per year.

The Human Services Council is looking for people to make survey calls from a list of designated people regarding their recent trips scheduled through Reserve-A-Ride or Non-Emergency Transportation. Shifts are two hours to four hours long and offered Monday through Friday.

• The Clark County Commissioners seek to fill one vacancy on the Animal Protection and Control Advisory Board with a Clark County resident who owns or operates a licensed facility, such as a kennel, in Clark County.

The 10-member board reports to the commissioners and Vancouver City Council at least once a year, recommending modifications to county code and general operations of the Animal Protection and Control Program, and acting as an appeals hearing board.

Meetings are at 6:30 p.m. on the fourth Thursday of the month, once per quarter.

To apply, go to Applications may be mailed to Animal Protection and Control, P.O. Box 9810, Vancouver, WA 98666 or dropped off at the department office on the third floor of the Public Service Center, 1300 Franklin St., Vancouver. For more information, contact Paul Scarpelli at 360-397-2375, ext. 4705, or The application deadline is Sept. 12.