• Volunteer Connections provides opportunities through the Human Services Council. For information on the following and other opportunities, call 360-735-3683.
Clark County Public Works seeks volunteers for general park maintenance — planting trees, shrubs and flowers, pulling weeds, removing litter, maintaining the rose garden, trimming and mulching.
Division of Children-Family Services is looking for case aides to help with paperwork and visitations.
• The Parks Foundation seeks volunteers to help plant the large planters and flower beds in and around Propstra Square in Esther Short Park from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on May 17. Registration is required. To register, contact Hailey Heath at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-487-8316, or online at www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/aL63b8Fn0ei3. Vancouver Hilton Washington, a sponsor of the event, will provide refreshments for volunteers following the planting.
• Vancouver’s Downtown Association seeks volunteers for the Downtown Spring Clean Up from 8 a.m. to noon May 10. Civic groups, churches and individuals are encouraged to help clean up downtown, pull weeds, pick up litter and sweep away debris.
Participants will meet at Turtle Place, at Seventh and Main streets, and should bring their own tools. Preregister at www.solv.org/get-involved/events/vda-annual-downtown-clean, or sign up at the event.
• The city of Vancouver seeks to fill one vacancy on the Parking Advisory Committee, a seven-member volunteer group that advises the Vancouver City Council and city staff on parking policy and program implementation. Committee members must be city residents or property owners, business owners, or an officer or partner in a business in the downtown area. The committee meets once a month at 7:30 a.m. on the fourth Wednesday at City Hall or as scheduled.
For applications or more information, contact Alexis Bafus in the City Manager’s Office at City Hall, P.O. Box 1995, Vancouver, WA, 98668; call 360-487-8607; email email@example.com or fax 360-487-8625. To apply online visit: www.cityofvancouver.us/boardsandcommissions.
The application deadline is May 23.
• Camas Public Library is looking for volunteers, 13 and older, for its Summer Reading Program. Volunteers will assist participants signing in, log reading times and issue prizes. Volunteers are asked to commit to four hours per week for 10 weeks. The program runs from June 7 through Aug. 16. To apply and for information, contact Ellen Miles at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-834-4692, ext. 4703. Applications are due by June 2.