LONGVIEW, Wash. (AP) — A Longview woman whose finger was sliced off at a bar earlier this year has been awarded $28,000 in her case against the establishment.
The Daily News reports (http://goo.gl/0Rv9Xm ) Janet Jacobs was awarded the money in medical fees and damages by a court arbitrator, who found the bar responsible for her injury.
According to court documents, Jacobs had gone to the Shamrock Tavern in January. As she took a seat and moved her chair closer to the table, her ring finger got caught between the loose seat and the chair frame. The tip of her finger was severed, and she was unable to have it reattached at a hospital.
The arbitrator wrote in court filings that the Shamrock was negligent in making the faulty seat available to customers.