Volunteer Connections provides opportunities through the Human Services Council.
For information on the following and other opportunities, call 360-735-3683.
• CDM Adult Day Center seeks musicians to play for elderly and disabled people, 1 to 2 p.m. Monday through Thursday at the center.
• Evergreen Habitat for Humanity is looking for development committee members to help with donor cultivation and retention, and to raise public awareness of the organization. Help is needed 5 to 10 hours monthly. The group also assists with special events.
• This and That Thrift Store seeks help with customer service, sorting and pricing items, greeting customers and providing security.
• North County Food Bank seeks help with stocking shelves preparing client food boxes, accepting donations and unloading deliveries.
• Vancouver Farmer’s Market seeks gleaners to help collect food donations for families. Set up equipment, request donations from vendors and customers, weigh, document, and load food items.
• YWCA seeks Safe Choice and Safe Choice LGBTQ volunteers to serve victims of domestic and intimate partner violence on its 24-hour crisis line, assist at a shelter, or help with support groups or community education. Volunteers receive 30 or more hours of training.