The Mountain View boys tennis team won three three-set matches to shut out Camas 6-0 in a 4A Greater St. Helens League match on Monday at Camas.
At No. 1 singles, Colton Reed came back from losing the first set to defeat Jonathan Ho 2-6, 7-6, 6-1.
“I thought (Ho) did a really good job dictating the points and putting Colton in tough spots,” Mountain View coach Mat Clark said. “Colton really dedicated himself mentally to the match and it paid off for him. The third set was probably the reverse of the first set with Colton starting to dictate points.”
Nick Shiraishi and Mark Bjatay came back from a set down at No. 1 doubles to give Mountain View the 2-6, 6-2, 6-4 win over Nitin Beri and Sam Christopher.
At No. 2 doubles, Algird Zalpys and Matt Wheatley defeated Camas’ Andrew Lee and Anish Prasad 6-1, 5-7, 6-3.
Stars of the day
• Bryan Humphreys, Camas golf, got up and down from the sand and hit a downhill 15-foot birdie putt on the ninth hole to give the Papermakers a two-stroke win over Union. Humphreys shot 3-under-par 33 on the front 9 at Camas Meadows.
• Justin Knapp, Skyview golf, and Gabe Brye, Heritage golf, shared medalist honors with even-par 37s at Tri-Mountain in a dual match won by Skyview.
• Zack Tompkins, Prairie tennis, won a three-setter at No. 1 singles against Heritage’s Brandon Hatch 6-1, 3-6, 6-2 as Prairie won the dual 4-2.
• Alex Sheppert, Skyview tennis, came back from a set down to defeat Battle Ground’s Gunner Harlan 6-7, 6-2, 6-1 at No. 1 singles.
• Christian Maddox, Mountain View golf, shot a 41 at Green Mountain for medalist honors in the Thunder’s win over Evergreen.