The Union Titans still have their long golf winning streak.
The Camas Papermakers, though, know that they are not too far away from the Titans.
Reilly Whitlock fired a 34, leading Union to a five-stroke team victory in a match that was resumed Monday after being suspended weeks ago due to thunderstorms.
Whitlock, Taylor Hartley, Karsyn Rushing, and Julietta Rendon-Mendoza combined to score a 162 for the Titans.
Camas, led by Elise Filuk’s 40, ended with a 167. Other Papermakers who counted toward the team total: Connie Wang, Hailey Oster, and Rio Smith.
Whitlock’s 34 turned out to be the difference in the match. Union has now won 36 consecutive regular-season matches.
Stars of the day
• Austin Holcomb, Woodland baseball, drove in the winning run on a sacrifice fly with one out in the bottom of the seventh inning to give the Beavers a 2-1 win over Hockinson.
• Colleen Driscoll and Rielgh Grady, Mountain View softball. Driscoll struck out 12 with no walks and was 3 for 3 at the plate, and Grady was also 3 for 3 with three RBI in the Thunder’s 9-4 win over Heritage.
• Amila Gogalija and Emillie Kuo, Mountain View tennis, came back from a set down to win at No. 1 doubles 3-6, 6-2, 6-3 as the Thunder won at Camas 4-2.
• Austin Adams, Battle Ground baseball, had two hits, including a double, and drove in two runs in a 6-3 win over Camas.
• Bridget Guiney and Chloe Blehm, Prairie softball, each hit home runs in a 7-0 win over Columbia River.
• Kenzie Schaller and Bobbi Bertsch, Skyview softball, combined for seven hits and five RBI in a 9-3 win at Evergreen.
• Michael Martin and Logan Black, Ridgefield baseball, combined for five hits and 10 RBI in the Spudders’ 20-3 win at Washougal.