• Four staff members of Vancouver-based Davidson & Associates Insurance were honored by Safeco Insurance. Davidson’s personal insurance team of Audrey Brouwer, Bryce Davidson, Melissa Ralston and Pat Spicer received Safeco Personal Lines Achievement Awards. The award honors dedication, diligence, integrity, passion for excellence and overall exemplary representation of Safeco Insurance by agency employees.
• Cassandra Parker was hired as program coordinator by the Southwest Washington Workforce Development Council. She will assist with contract management, and provide administrative support to the adult and youth program teams. Her most recent position was office manager for New Castle Photography in Vancouver.
• Jeff Harvey, president and CEO of Burgerville, will discuss future challenges facing local business, big and small, at the next meeting of Buy Vancouver USA. The meeting begins at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Dave’s Killer Magic Shop, 1707 Main St. in Vancouver.
• The Beauty Bar Salon & Spa is leasing space in the Four Seasons Shopping Center in Building A, Suite 2, 11215 N.E. 28th St., Vancouver, and plans to move into the location Aug. 1.
• Las Islas Marias, a Mexican restaurant, is leasing a restaurant building at 4400 E. Fourth Plain Blvd., Vancouver, and is scheduled to move into the space in July.