Andrew Kabacy of Skyview beat Gunnar Harlan of Battle Ground 6-3, 2-6, 7-5 as the Storm beat the Tigers 5-1 in tennis to grab a share of the 4A Greater St. Helens League title.
The Storm’s victory Thursday tied them with Union and Mountain View, all three with 10-2 records.
The 4A district tournament will be held Oct. 29-30 at Club Green Meadows.
Stars of the day
• Makena Wilcox, Columbia River girls swimming, won the 50- and 100-meter freestyle races and was on two winning relays in a meet at Kelso High School.
• Jorie Freitag, Seton Catholic soccer, scored two goals and assisted on two others in an 8-5 win over Kalama.
• Megan Hess, Prairie volleyball, had 30 assists and 14 digs as the Falcons swept W.F. West.
• Taryn Ries, Ridgefield soccer, had two goals and two assists in an 8-0 over Washougal.
• Autumn Mayo, Battle Ground volleyball, had 12 kills, eight digs and three aces to help the Tigers sweep Evergreen.
• Elise Schey and MacKenzie Ellertson, King’s Way Christian soccer, each scored twice in a 6-0 win over Castle Rock.
• Kaila Robinson, Skyview volleyball, had 20 kills and 37 digs in a five-set marathon against Camas.
• Keelie LeBlanc, Camas volleyball, had 21 kills, nine digs and two aces in their hard-fought match against Skyview.
• Rylee Seekins, Hockinson soccer, had three goals and an assist in a 5-1 win over Mark Morris.
• Kayla Fredricks, Woodland volleyball, had five aces and was 24 of 25 serving, helping the Beavers to another 2A GSHL win.
• Emily Persons, Ridgefield volleyball, had eight kills and two blocks, plus six aces in the Spudders’ win.
• Brooke Mosier, Union volleyball, had 14 kills and two aces in a win over Heritage.
• Isabelle Morales, Union soccer, had a goal and an assist in the second half, helping the Titans to a 2-1 win over Battle Ground.