Skyview stormed back again.
One day after the Skyview baseball team won with two runs in its final at-bat, the Storm scored once in the seventh inning to tie the game and one more in the eighth to rally past Battle Ground 6-5 in the 4A district tournament at Propstra Stadium.
Skyview advanced to play Camas at 6 p.m. Friday for a berth in the bi-district playoffs.
After Storm opened a 2-0 lead, Battle Ground battled back to a 5-4 lead after five innings. Kaloa Higgins hit a two-run homer in the second and Max Randle’s RBI double capped a three-run fifth for the Tigers.
In the seventh, Skyview put two runners on on errors before Chris Huntsinger singled home the tying run with one out.
In the eighth, Daniel Copeland started the rally with a one-out single. He took third on a single by Brody Barnum and an error. Daniel Copeland scored the go-ahead run on a sacrifice by Michael Copeland. Michael Copeland finished 2 for 4 with a triple and three RBI.
Barnum pitched three innings of scoreless relief to earn the victory.
Stars of the day
• Hailey Oster, Camas golf, shot a 3-under-par 32 on the Camas Meadows back nine for medalist honors as the Papermakers wrapped up the 4A Greater St. Helens League title.
• Magnus Kofoed, Columbia River boys soccer, had a goal and an assist as the Cheiftains beat Kelso 3-0 to clinch the 3A GSHL title.
• Rafael Araya, Mountain View soccer, had two goals and one assist, scoring the go-ahead goal in the second half of a 5-2 win over Heritage.
• Jonathan Granados, Union soccer, scored a goal and assisted on another as the Titans beat Evergreen 2-0 to finish as co-league 4A GSHL champs with Camas.
• Andrew McBee, Prairie soccer, scored in the second half with an assist from Christian Thyron as the Falcons beat Fort Vancouver 1-0 to earn a bi-district playoff spot.
• Wyatt Stallman, Skyview soccer, scored in the first half and assisted on the go-ahead goal by Enrique Alquicira in the second half of a 2-1 win over Battle Ground.
• Ellie Johnson, Skyview golf, shot a 45 at Tri-Mountain to share medalist honors in a 188-222 win over Battle Ground.
• Hana Wyles, Battle Ground golf, shot a 45 at Tri-Mountain to share medalist honors against Skyview.
• Saige Keep, La Center baseball, went 2 for 2 with a double and an RBI in a 3-1 win at Castle Rock.