Monday, June 27, 2022
June 27, 2022

Linkedin Pinterest

Accidental cooking fire causes $180,000 damage

One person treated at hospital for fire-related injuries

By , Columbian Breaking News Reporter
Published:

A fire that sent one person to the hospital Wednesday was an accidental cooking fire that caused more than $180,000 damage, according to fire investigators.

Firefighters were called to 9907 N.E. 104th Court around 1:45 p.m. Wednesday and brought the flames under control within 10 minutes, Vancouver Fire Department spokesman Raymond Egan said.

The occupant of the house suffered fire-related injuries and was taken to Legacy Emanuel Medical Center for treatment, according to fire officials.

The injuries were described as not being life-threatening.

Clark County Deputy Fire Marshal Susan Anderson said that the fire originated on a stovetop, but that she was uncertain if the occupant left the cooking unattended or had inadvertently left the stove’s burner on.

The fire caused an estimated $107,719 in damage to the structure and an estimated $80,789 to the contents of the residence.

Columbian Breaking News Reporter

Support local journalism

Your tax-deductible donation to The Columbian’s Community Funded Journalism program will contribute to better local reporting on key issues, including homelessness, housing, transportation and the environment. Reporters will focus on narrative, investigative and data-driven storytelling.

Local journalism needs your help. It’s an essential part of a healthy community and a healthy democracy.

Community Funded Journalism logo
Loading...