In this week’s episode of Clark Talks, Columbian reporters Dameon Pesanti and Katie Gillespie sit down with retiring Columbian editor-in-chief Lou Brancaccio.
Brancaccio announced his retirement last week, and will now take on a role as editor emeritus, contributing a monthly Press Talk column and sitting on the Columbian’s editorial board.
There will be an open house for Brancaccio, whose last day is Feb. 17, on Saturday, Feb. 18. The open house will run from 1 to 3 p.m. at The Columbian at 701 W. Eighth St., Vancouver. The first 100 people in the door will get a “Don’t Do Stupid Stuff” mug.
The pair also chat with features news coordinator Ashley Swanson to talk about what events are coming up this weekend.
Here’s a list of the events featured:
• Banff Mountain Film Festival, 7 p.m. Feb. 3-4. Kiggins Theatre, 1011 Main St., Vancouver; $20, $36 for two-night pass. 360-816-0352 or www.kigginstheatre.net
• Ridgefield First Saturday: Tailgate Party, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 4. Overlook Park, Pioneer Street and Main Avenue, Ridgefield; Free. http://ridgefieldwa.us/event/first-saturday-tailgate-party-chili-challenge-2
• First Friday Art Walk Vancouver, 5 to 9 p.m. Feb. 3. www.vdausa.org
• “Rodin: The Human Experience,” through April 16, and “Constructing Identity,” through June 18. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays; 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays. Portland Art Museum, 1219 S.W. Park Ave., Portland; $19.99; $16.99 for seniors and students; free for ages 17 and younger. $5 from 5 to 8 p.m. Fridays, free every first Thursday. 503-226-2811 or www.portlandartmuseum.org
• Noir Nights: “The Third Man,” 6:30 p.m. Feb. 6. Kiggins Theatre, 1011 Main St., Vancouver; $10 for tastings and movie for 21 and older. 360-816-0352 or www.kigginstheatre.net/movies/noir-nights
Clark Talks, The Columbian’s weekly podcast, is released Wednesday evenings and can be found on The Columbian’s website every Thursday.
You can find the show on Soundcloud, or subscribe for free weekly downloads on iTunes. Contact Pesanti and Gillespie about the podcast at email@example.com.