The Seattle Mariners Caravan makes a stop in Vancouver on Wednesday, January 9, to visit the V.A. Hospital, King Elementary School and New Athlete performance center.
The stop at New Athlete, located at 300 Grand Blvd., is open to the public. The Caravan will be there from 4:15-5:45 p.m.
There will be a free autograph session for all fans and a MLB Play Ball/Pitch, Hit & Run exhibition for kids 14-under.
The Vancouver Caravan stop includes pitchers Chasen Bradford and Justus Sheffield, Mariners alumnus, and Clark County resident Brian Hunter, broadcasters Aaron Goldsmith and Ryan Rowland-Smith and the Mariner Moose.
Whisper Running offers conditioning programs
Vancouver club Whisper Running is offering preseason conditioning for the 2019 track season.
It is open to youth runners ages 10-17 (middle school and high school) and begins Jan. 14.
There are six- and nine-week training packages.
More information is posted at www.whisperrunning.com/registration.
• Jan. 12 — Burnt Bridge Creek 3 & 5-mile run, 10 a.m. at Leverich Park. More information www.clarkcountyrunningclub.org.
• Jan. 19 — Washougal Dike 3 & 5-mile run, 10 a.m. at Captain William Clark Park. More information www.clarkcountyrunningclub.org.
• Jan. 27 — Race for Warmth, 9 a.m. at the Clark Public Utilities building at 1200 Fort Vancouver Way.Online registration is $30 through midnight Jan. 26 at https://www.clarkpublicutilities.com/event/race-for-warmth/. Day-of-race registration is $40.
• Feb. 2 — Heritage Trail runs, 10 a.m. at Lacamas Lake. Distances of 3, 5, 7 or 10 miles. More information www.clarkcountyrunningclub.org.
• Feb. 24 — Vancouver Lake Half Marathon, Pre-registration is $35 for the Half Marathon and $25 for the 4-mile run/walk. Event limited to 475 entrants. Online registration http://clarkcountyrunningclub.org/event/vancouver-lake-half-marathon-4/
Tennis tournaments entry deadlines near
Entry deadlines are approaching for upcoming tennis tournaments in Vancouver.
• Entries close Wednesday for the Boys Level 3 singles and doubles tournament, which runs Jan. 18-21 at Vancouver Tennis Center. Entry limit is 32 players for singles and fee is $81. To register or get more details, visit tennislink.usta.com and enter Tournament ID 600002619.
• Entries close on Jan. 21 for the VTC Winter NTRP Singles and Doubles tournament, which runs Jan. 25-27 at Vancouver Tennis Center. Entry fee is $30. Tournament ID 600018619.
CrossFit Fort Vancouver Championship begins Friday
The 2019 CrossFit Fort Vancouver Championship is Friday through Sunday at the Clark County Event Center in Ridgefield.
Divisions competing include Master and Teens Friday and Saturday, and Elite Pairs and RX Pairs on Saturday and Sunday.
Competition on Friday and Sunday is 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Doors open at 8 a.m.
Three-day weekend spectator passes are available for pre-purchase online through Thursday for $25 at cfvchampionshiptickets.ezevent.com. Limited single-day passes are $15 at the door, first come/first serve. Kids under 18 are admitted free.
Parking at the site is $6.