When Jasmine Whittington scored in the first-half for Camas, there was no telling whether the Papermakers would need another goal against Skyview.
As it turned out, one was enough.
Camas remained unbeaten in 4A Greater St. Helens League girls soccer with a 1-0 win Monday at Skyview.
After Whittington’s goal, Camas (7-2, 3-0) kept up the pressure but couldn’t break through.
Skyview coaches reported that goalkeeper Allie Thompson made 22 saves for Skyview (4-6, 1-2) to keep the match close.
Stars of the day
• Willy Yeh, Mountain View boys golf, shot a 3-under 34, the low round at Tri-Mountain by four strokes, as Mountain View beat Union 158-168.
• Cade Bringhurst, Ridgefield boys golf, shot a 1-under-par 34 at Tri-Mountain for medalist honors as the Spudders beat Washougal.
• Dustin Brooks, Skyview boys golf, shot 3-over 38 for the low round as Skyview beat Evergreen at Tri-Mountain.
• Mitchell Ly, Heritage boys tennis, pulled out a victory at No. 3 singles over Nate Burbank of Union 6-2, 3-6, 7-6 (8).
• Elijah Nelson, Prairie boys tennis, won at No. 1 singles over Fort Vancouver’s Sam Crawford 7-6 (4), 6-1 in a matchup of top 3A GSHL players.
• Keagan O’leary and Henry Liles, Skyview boys tennis, came back from a set down to win at No. 1 doubles 4-6, 6-4, 6-2 as the Storm handed Camas its first team loss of the season, 4-2.
• Lauren Cockrell, Union slowpitch softball, went 5 for 6 with two doubles, a triple and two RBI as the Titans swept a doubleheader against Hudson’s Bay.
• Freya Strathman, Heritage slowpitch softball, went 3 for 3 with a triple and two RBI as the Timberwolves beat Skyview 7-4.
• Audrey Thompson, Washougal slowpitch softball, went 4 for 4 with a double, triple, four RBI and scored three runs in a 17-2 win over Evergreen.
• Mykala Preston, Mountain View slowpitch softball, went 3 for 3 with two RBI and two runs scored as the Thunder held off Camas 10-9.
• Chloe Klappholz, Evergreen girls soccer, had three goals and an assist in a 4-3 win over Hudson’s Bay.
• Lauren Delargy, Mountain View girls soccer, scored both her team’s goals in the final 15 minutes as the Thunder beat Prairie 2-0.
• Maya Woods, Union girls soccer, scored a goal and assisted on another in the Titans’ 3-0 win over Battle Ground.
• Paige German, Hudson’s Bay girls soccer, scored two goals and had an assist in the Eagles’ 4-3 loss to Evergreen.