VAN MALL — Senior living facility Leisure Care recently celebrated its staff and nursing teams across the nation, including at its Van Mall location, 7808 N.E. 51st St.
The company organized an effort called Leisure Care Heroes’ Day on May 7, in conjunction with National Nurses Week. With its workers on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic, the company wanted to take “a moment to acknowledge the importance of its employees’ enduring efforts to keep residents healthy and safe,” according to a news release.
Employees received a “Doing Right Things” T-shirt, representing the company’s values. They also received shout outs from the company’s Seattle-based corporate office through a video. “Every day our Leisure Care family shows up and is dedicated to caring for our residents and our communities. The health and safety of both our employees and our residents are our top priority,” Dan Madsen, Leisure Care CEO, said in a news release. “We are so proud of the tireless efforts and commitment of our employees to our residents who are the most vulnerable to this virus.” Leisure Care is asking the public to join in:
• Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org sharing positive feedback with the team.
• Make a sign and drive by the community.
• Leave a note or video on the Leisure Care community’s Facebook page.
• Send a thank you letter in the mail.
• Send a delivery from a local bakery or restaurant if possible.
• Send a bouquet of flowers to the community if possible.