With nearly all the ballots counted from Tuesday’s primary election, the races and candidates are set for November.
The exception could be in La Center, where two votes now separate Sean Boyle and Janice Fowler, according to the latest results released Friday afternoon.
Boyle has 299 votes; Fowler has 297. One of them will move on to face T.R. “Randy” Williams, who is the front-runner for Position 3 on the La Center City Council. Williams has 358 votes.
According to Clark County Elections, perhaps 250 ballots remain to be processed countywide. Voter turnout sits at 24.39 percent, or 72,819 of 298,540 registered voters. The election results will be certified Aug. 17.
Should Boyle and Fowler end up tied after a recount, state law dictates a coin flip would decide the winner. The last time that occurred in Clark County was in September 2018, when two rivals tied for a spot as a Republican precinct officer in northeast Vancouver. It was only the second time in 20 years that a tie occurred.
Here is a list of who is set to advance to the November general election (top vote-getter is listed first):
- Vancouver City Council: Anne McEnerny-Ogle and Earl Bowerman, mayor; Kim Harless and John Blom, Position 1; Erik Paulsen and Kara Tess, Position 2; Diana H. Perez and David Gellatly, Position 3.
- Camas City Council: Marilyn Dale-Boerke and Gary Perman, Ward 1, Position 2; Leslie Lewallen and Jennifer McDaniel, Ward 3, Position 2.
- La Center City Council: Justin Keeler and Melissa Fox, Position 1; K.C. Kasberg and Dennis Hill, Position 2; Williams and either Boyle or Fowler, Position 3.
- Washougal mayor: Rochelle Ramos and Derik Ford.
- Yacolt Town Council: Joshua Beck and Ronald Homola.
- Battle Ground Public Schools: Mary Snitily and Chloe Seppala, District 1; Ted Champine and Diane Langan, District 3.
- Evergreen Public Schools: Julie Bocanegra and Mike Appel; District 1.
- Hockinson School District: Teresa VanNatta and Tim Hawkins, District 1.
- Vancouver Public Schools: Sandra Zavala-Ortega and Michelle Belkot, Position 2; Wendy Smith and Jorge Bailey, Position 3.
- Fire District 5: Ron Gibson and Michelle Nicole Davis, Position 3.
- Clark Regional Wastewater District: Norman Harker and Bruce Campbell, Position 2.
- North Country EMS levy: Approved.