Wednesday, October 5, 2022
Oct. 5, 2022

Linkedin Pinterest

No one injured in Washougal house fire

By , Columbian staff writer
Published:

Two Washougal residents were displaced Monday night after they awoke to their chimney on fire, according to East County Fire and Rescue.

Firefighters responded about 9:40 p.m. to 30811 N.E. Second St., to find a fire burning in the attic around the chimney, Fire Chief Mike Carnes said. Crews from the Camas-Washougal and Vancouver fire departments also responded, and firefighters doused the blaze from the roof.

They had the fire knocked down in about 20 minutes, and crews peeled back the roof for about an hour checking for any hot spots, Carnes said.

The two residents escaped the house and are staying with friends, Carnes said. No one was injured.

Support local journalism

Your tax-deductible donation to The Columbian’s Community Funded Journalism program will contribute to better local reporting on key issues, including homelessness, housing, transportation and the environment. Reporters will focus on narrative, investigative and data-driven storytelling.

Local journalism needs your help. It’s an essential part of a healthy community and a healthy democracy.

Community Funded Journalism logo
Loading...