Roses are red
Violets are blue
It’s time for another column
So, this time, a poem – woo hoo!
February is a heart month
In more ways than one
Valentine’s Day for certain
Flowers and chocolate, such fun
But wait! There’s more
To February, did you know?
It’s American Heart Month
Thump thump, go heart go!
Check out a book (or two)
From a library close by
Keep your ticker happy
This poem is done (whew!), bye bye.
• “Crochet Red: Crocheting for Women’s Heart Health” by Laura Zander.
• “Heart: A History” by Sandeep Jauhar.
• “I Love You with All My Heart” written and illustrated by Jane Chapman.
• “The Man Who Touched His Own Heart: True Tales of Science, Surgery, and Mystery” by Rob R. Dunn.
• “The Matter of the Heart: A History of the Heart in Eleven Operations” by Thomas Morris.
• “The Open Heart Club: A Story About Birth and Death and Cardiac Surgery” by Gabriel Brownstein.
• “Ticker: The Quest to Create an Artificial Heart” by Mimi Swartz.